Friday, April 24, 2009

Stamping examples


Here are a couple of cards I have made using the stamp below. I really like this stamp as it can be used in many ways which I hope to explore, and can be used for just about any occasion.

I stamped the card all over before creasing it and folding, you could flatten a card blank and stamp it in the same way.

I stamped extra images for the feature panel or topper, I used the same ink and white card which shows what you can do with one stamp and ink pad, and I cut out the panel and a slightly bigger one in gold then blue to use as mats under the white card. I cut a small rectangle of the blue card for the gold peel off sticker.

I used double sided tape (DST) for all gluing.

This design would also look nice with the flower stamped in white ink on blue card I think as a mirror image, and I would normally stamp a greeting too but I started out with peel offs which are great if you don't have a lot of stamps and are easy to use.

The second card is more 3d, I stamped an extra flower and cut round the image leaving the outer line, then stuck that over the first flower with a foam pad to give it depth. It is also covering up a smudge on the flower underneath - and that is one little trick for recovering disasters but also looks nicer than the flat version I think.

18 comments:

Debbie Dolphin said...

Thats lovely.i love the flower

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous card Cazzy. Thanks for the tutorial in your previous post and also thanks for taking part in Doing Life's blog candy. Hugs from Desire

SewDelish said...

Love your card Cazzy. Have stumbled this for you as you have lots of great info that will help newbies to the craft.

xx

All Pink girl said...

Just stopping by to tell you about the exciting new Challenge blog that has just been announced, packed with fresh creative ideas, to be run by myself and Ann (madgesty loves to create). Please stop by the link below and check out the brilliant blog candy on offer and how you can become involved. See you there xxx
The Next Level.

Enfys said...

This is lovely, you have really showcased how one stam can be used in so many different ways. Love it
hugs
En xx

KathyJ (Wattle) said...

Such a lovely card - love your popped up flower and great colours!! :)

Enfys said...

Hi Cazzy, this is gorgeous, my favourite is the second one - stunning,
big hugs
En x

bumblebee creations said...

Hi Cazzy! Thanks for stopping by our hop today for The Stamping Boutique!! I had trouble leaving comments today too, so I went ahead and entered a comment on Tracey's blog for you! Don't forge to stop back by tomorrow!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi there!! Love your card!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, but please come back tomorrow for the blog hop!! It starts tomorrow at 12:00 PM (EST). Hope to see you back!! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Very pretty.

Desire Fourie said...

Just beautifully crafted. Love all the little finishing touches. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

Lorraine said...

Hi Cazzy, sorry to contact you this way, but just to say that the Promarker girls have been trying to leave comments on your card at Cazzy Time and your comment link is disabled. Not sure if you know or not hun.

Celebrity corporat said...

Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Celebrity corporate club

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the great stamping. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

Nana Diana said...

I love this, Cazzy! I'm going to try it myself. Great card!!

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous stamping Cazzy. Love how you created the background with the same image as the focus one.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Claire said...

Hi Cazzy just spotted your comment over at PanPastel UK, did you get in touch with Nikky about your prize? If not you need to email sales@polkadoodles.co.uk and quote the prize code - its linked to the email address
have fun with your prize
Claire xx

Diane said...

Gorgeous stamping and colors Cazzy.

Hugs Diane